Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My life almost ended yesterday

As I was pulling into my dad's driveway to pick up Chase yesterday, I noticed something in the path of my car. It was a short round tube, much like a toilet paper roll but I couldn't tell if it was metal or cardboard so I did my best not to run over it. I slowly got past it and as I got out of my car, I looked back to see what it was. I glanced and still couldn't really tell but I was in a hurry so I wasn't going to go back to look. I shut my car door and turned around to go inside and as I picked up my foot to take my first step, I happened to look down. I was about 3 inches from stepping on a snake!!! Oh my gosh, I can't even hardly type that without gagging. Now anyone that knows me, knows that I am DEATHLY afraid of snakes. I cannot look at them. Period. Having my foot so close to one's head is the stuff my nightmares are made of. I felt my heart leap out of my chest right that second. I screamed, turned quickly around and ran the other way. After hyperventilating for a good 30 seconds I finally got it out to Debbie why I was about to die. She calmly walked out and disposed of it. Later I found out the stupid thing was dead already. Really though, it doesn't make much difference to me. Even if I HAD known it was dead, I still would have panicked, I'm sure. Anyway, the whole time Chase is looking at me intently. I sat down on the couch and my sweet little son looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mommy, you're crazy." *sigh* I know, son, I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have done the same thing - dead or alive.

Stacey said...

LOL. I would have done the exact same thing.