Monday, March 03, 2008

My Grandmother

I wish this post could be a little happier after being away from here for so long but unfortunately my family lost a great lady this past week. My grandmother passed away on Wednesday after years of fighting Alzheimer's. She passed away peacefully surrounded by family which is the way it should be. She held on for a few days after the family was all called in and I know she did it intentionally. Even in such a sad situation, it was nice to spend time with my extended family that I just somehow lose track of in our busy day to day lives. We caught up on what's been going on, laughed together like we always do and cried together like we've done a few too many times as well. I know my grandmother was aware of the time we were spending together and I know she was cherishing it as much as the rest of us. Our big family gatherings have always been our family's way and she was loving every second of it. I know it in my heart. I find comfort in the fact that we were able to give it to her one last time.

I'll miss you so much Grandma, but I know you are in a much better place. I'm glad you finally made it there. I love you and can't wait to see you again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Hon, I'm so sorry, but it sounds like your goodbyes were really beautiful. My prayers for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry for your loss. :(