Tuesday, July 11, 2006

High on a Hill was a Lonely Tarzan

I spent this past weekend with my sisters and my stepmother's side of the family at The Lake of the Ozarks. We do this one weekend out of every summer and let me just say, it's always a good time. These ladies know how to have a good time and by a good time, I mean they know how to drink, gossip, and tell each other how beautiful they are and how gorgeous their wedding ring is. So, I'm usually the most sober one out of the weekend because SOMEONE needs to know how to spell 9-1-1 if the need should arise...therefore I get some pretty decent pictures. Well, um, not this year. I drank a little more than usual this time and may or may not have debated whether or not Tarzan was a yodeler or not... once or twice. It gets deep, let me tell you. I did however manage to take a few pictures and I think they accurately convey how I was feeling Saturday night.

I'll start off with this picture of my sister, Katie. It's the best one that I took, if that tells you anything. She looks very happy to be seated next to me, doesn't she?






This next one is my sister, Amanda, who probably didn't enjoy my camera in her face but was too smart to tell me. I've crushed her spirit as only a big sister can do, one too many times.




Next comes my stepmother Debbie and her mother. I'd tell you what they were doing but it's a top secret lake tradition. The picture is still amusing however.




My cousin Lara is a pretty big instigator in these type of situations so while I'm not sure exactly what was going on in this picture, I'm sure it was instigating of some type.




Now I debated on whether or not to post this next picture, I really did. I decided that it needed to be done but I must warn you that it's not for the faint of heart. If there are children in the room, please tell them to turn their heads because well, it's graphic. I caught on film what many have labeled "Demon Flathead". Yes, it's true. Now if the children are out of the room, please scroll down and you will witness the infamous Demon Flathead.

...


...


...






Ok, well assuming you all survived that last one, there is one final picture from the weekend and if you can name where in the house this is located and why I took the picture-a virtual cookie to you. Because, really, I can't remember why. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did and if no one has told you already-you are beautiful and your wedding ring is gorgeous!

No comments: