Monday, November 13, 2006

Flinstones, Gnomes, Going Mental and Stealth

Disclaimer: This post is full of random thoughts. If you're looking for something of value, eh, today's not the day. However, if you are looking for further evidence of my decreasing sanity, well here ya go.

Crushed Dream #87
Our pediatrician recommended recently that we start Chase on vitamins, which I had been considering for a long time but had yet to purchase them. So at the drug store this past weekend, Chuck and I bought a bottle of Flintstones vitamins just like the ones I used to take as a kid. To be honest, I was a little excited. I looooved those vitamins as a kid. They were so yummy that I would have taken the whole bottle given half the chance. I just knew that Chase would love them too and I was dreading the fight that I knew would be coming soon. He would quickly learn the word "vitamin" and be begging for them everyday. When we got home one of the first things we did was open that bottle of vitamins. I broke one in half, per the doctor's orders, and gave it to Chase. He quickly put it in his mouth, turned to walk away but then stopped dead in his tracks. In one quick motion, he took the half of Barney out of his mouth and threw it to the floor and then said, "Blech! caca!" I was mortified...for both the correct use of "caca" and for the hatred of the Flintstones. Sadly, I ate the rest of Barney and quickly spit the thing out as well but my choice of words weren't as nice as "caca". In case you are ever curious, they are not good. I repeat...NOT GOOD. I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or if they've changed the formula or if I got some crazy special kind but NOT GOOD.

Office Gnomes
My elbow has twitched all day and it will not stop. Not sure why but it's driving me crazy. I keep thinking someone is touching me.

"8675309" Sounds Vaguely Familiar
Our password for our computers here at work for the past six months have been a set combination of things that include 4 digits out of our social security numbers. We set these up for ourselves when we logged in the first time. Last week I realized that the social security numbers that I have been using for the past six months were 4990**. Those numbers appear nowhere in my social security number. No where. And they mean nothing to me. I think I'm going crazy.
**Yes, I've since fixed it, so Hackers? Back off.

Our Cat-like Stealth
So, we saw a mouse in our garage yesterday. I saw it and froze. And then called for Chuck, who saw it and froze. It's a good thing that mouse was already dying (or maybe it froze too) because it would have been long gone before we pounced into action. The poor thing allowed Chuck to go and pick it up (with the proper equipment of course) and throw it into the neighbors yard. Our neighbors already don't like us, don't worry. Poor mouse but yay us! Maybe he had found that half of the discarded Flinstones vitamin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still really upset about your mouse friend. I hope he didn't suffer long. I'll keep him in my prayers. -Kate