Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm only allowing myself one "poor me" entry a year so today is your lucky day.

Well, let's see, where to begin. I think this all began with winter deciding to make it's appearance here last week. Yes, I definitely think I will blame this all on winter. First came the ice, then came the snow and then Chuck wrecked his truck...into his coworkers car. His parking lot at work was a solid sheet of ice and well, things happen. Everyone is fine but the vehicles are not. They are both requiring repair but his coworker is being awesome about it. We owe him a beer... or three.

Then Chase got the flu. Oh my. That was not fun. Puking and diarrhea are not welcome guests in my home. Especially out of the one member of our family who isn't yet aware of the toilet but who is capable of eating Taco Bell. Ok, yes, I admit, giving him Taco Bell was my idea. Sometimes I'm just dumb, alright? But I seriously thought the puking was over. Still though, in retrospect, very dumb. By the next day he was better but by that night, yours truly was sleeping in her least favorite room in her house. The room that you know its bad news if you have a pillow and blanket in it. I've been miserable. I'll spare you the details but let's just say that 36 hours and two missed days of work later I'm beginning to think I'll survive. These moments in my life are when I'm so glad that I'm married to a great guy. He's been taking care of EVERYTHING so I can just lay (lie?) around and complain about how I hurt. Yeah, his life hasn't been so easy lately. So that just leaves him left to get this nasty bug and so far so good. *knocks on desk that I'm not completely sure is made of real wood* *thinks about it* *knocks on chair that I know for sure is made of real wood* I really don't want him to get this, folks. I'm not sure how he's dodged this bullet so far but whatever he's doing is working. The good news to all of this is that I've lost 9 pounds-yahoo! Now all I have to do is keep up this diet of nothing and I'm golden. I'll be in those pre-wedding jeans by next week! Yeah, I don't have high hopes either. Alright, I'm out. Thank you to everyone that's been calling to check up on me. Even though it's just the flu, it means a lot. Sap over, I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering where you are! I'm so sorry you've been so sick.