Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Whoever let the dogs out is going DOWN!

A few weeks ago, my youngest sister Amanda decided that she would like to have her engagement party at one of our local bars this past Saturday the 20th. (Did I tell you she and Tim got engaged? They did!) A few weeks ago that sounded like a great idea and I've been looking forward to it, since it was a legitimate excuse to get an overnight babysitter and drink...heavily. So finally Saturday rolls around and guess what. Snow. Lots and lots of snow. So we called a cab, packed in and headed out, praying that we made it to where we were trying to go. Most of the invited guests backed out but there still ended up being a pretty good showing and we had an interesting night.

The beautiful bride-to-be:



We had lots of good Kodak moments thrown in there. Like this one with me, Brett, Katie and Mandy:



and this one with my sisters, my dad and me:



and Chuck was cuddly:




Mandy danced with my dad:



But then! Things got sloppy...






and kareoke was sung... ("Baby Got Back" to be specific)




and people did bad things to my father...




and then we danced... (to "Who let the Dogs Out" naturally)






And our friends went from looking like this:




To this:




And this:



So by this point, 1:00 am, I was tired and done. So we called the cab service and were told that it would be at least an hour. Well, ok, I thought. I figured that I could survive an hour or so wait. It wasn't THAT long ago that I stayed out a hell of a lot later than 2:00 in the morning so, no big deal. So 2:00 AM rolls around and no cab. Chuck calls the cab company and they say something along the lines of "Sorry, sir, we're really behind and we'll get to you as soon as possible." Ok. So 3:00am rolls around and the bar is closing! Still no cab in sight. So uh, what the hell were we supposed to do? There wasn't anyone that could come and get us that was close by PLUS they would have to drive us all the way out to our home which was NOT close to the bar we were at. And the weather was so horrible! So we decided to wait it out. At the CVS.

Here we are in the "lobby", as we were calling it, of CVS. It was cold, with no place to sit and definitely no outlets because we sure as hell would have bought a heater or microwave or something.

Cold Gary, Mandy and Tim to my left in CVS Lobby. Chuck was to my left also, just so close to me that you can't see him...because I was FREAKING COLD!



Cold/Drunk Katie to my right in CVS Lobby:



FINALLY, the cab shows up at 4 AM! 4 AM PEOPLE! I didn't get into bed until 5:00 AM! Yeah, I can't hang, I've decided. And I've decided that I'm ok with that. Just next time, someone please make me go home after "letting the dogs out".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you guys had fun! Congratualtions Mandy!