Monday, October 08, 2007

Numbered Paragraphs-My Favorite!

We've been pretty busy lately and I have quite a bit to talk about but I'll make this short and sweet. How about a few numbered paragraphs?

1. We're going to see Garth Brooks in a few weeks. Now, I'm not a country fan. At all. I know nothing of Garth's new music, nor do I have any desire (I'm sure he'll get us up to date at the concert). However the man is a cultural icon and I don't want to miss it. Plus I hear he puts on a good show...or at least he did 10 years ago. Plus! It's at the new Sprint Center here in Kansas City and that's reason enough to go right there. I'll try not to break anything.


2. We went to the zoo last weekend and had lots of fun. I rode a camel, Chase got a tattoo, it was good times.

3. We bought a new car that's growing on me. It's a 2005 Escape (essskahpay). I like it and it saves us money. Bonus.

4. Chase's 3rd birthday is quickly approaching. We're having two parties. Yes, I'm nuts, thank you. It's just that with such a big family...*sigh*...there's no excuse. Moving on.

5. Watched a great movie recently, The Prestige. Highly recommend!

6. Oh! And I'm pregnant! Yes, 4 weeks along and feeling fine. This was definitely a shock for us but that's OK. We're all very excited. June 10th is my due date as of now but I see the doctor next week. Chase has been taking it very well and seems to almost be getting it. We had a nice conversation about it and he seemed to understand. A little while after our conversation, however, he comes up to me and this is what transpired:
Chase: "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy?"
Me: "Yes, that's right." *beaming that he caught on so quickly*
Chase: "So yummy! So yummy!"***
Me: "Hmmmm, maybe we need to review."
So yeah, he thinks I ate the baby apparently. We'll work on it a bit more.

That about wraps things up, other than the fact that we got haunted at The Elms Resort a few weeks ago. I think I'll save that story for Halloween though. OOOOOOOOOOOO! I bet you can't wait!



***If this makes no sense, please review the little green monster video in my previous post.

No comments: