Monday, May 08, 2006

Orbs. I see orbs.

Hi! *waves madly* I'm back! My trip was wonderful! My mother, my sister and I went to Georgia to visit family and do a little Savannah sight seeing as you might remember from here. The trip was great, my great aunt was fabulous, the weather was perfect, the food was to die for and the shopping was decent. I'll be giving a more in depth review later this week but let's just cut to my favorite part of the trip...the ghosts.

We went on a ghost tour while in Savannah and let me just tell you, it was creepy. At the time it didn't seem too bad. Mostly though, I think it was due to our tour guides. They were a little on the cheesy side. The thing is though, now AFTER THE FACT when I tell people about it and SHOW them what I have, I pee myself a little.

The tour started on a trolley that drove us around Savannah at night. The tour guide told us all about the man who killed children while he was alive and then even after he had been executed. It wasn't a pleasant story. This was all on our way to our first destination, Colonial Park Cemetery. Here are a couple of pictures from that stop, which I will be coming back to momentarily. *insert eerie music here*

This was our ghostly tour guide through the cemetery. I'm still a little suspicious of the woman in the polka dotted shirt. That shirt is just too ugly to be from this dimension.


And this is a terribly dark picture of the cemetary itself. Yes, I know it's too dark to see, but I'm coming back to this in a minute.



So after the cemetery we boarded back on the trolley and headed for the Sorrel Weed House. The story behind this house is basically the woman of the house found her husband cheating on her with a servant. She immediately ran up to her second floor bedroom and flung herself from her window, plummeting to her death. Two weeks later, the servant was found hanging from a rope tied to a tree in the back yard. Was it suicide from her guilt? Or was it murder by ghost? Mwahahahahahaaha!

Don't let that innocent palm tree and sunny sky fool you, it was down right evil in the dark:



We were told that the Sci Fi Channel's Ghost Hunters had taped their Halloween special here just last year. They caught the screams of the woman on tape, even though you couldn't hear a thing in real life. "Electronic Voice Phenomena" is what they call it and it was C-R-E-E-P-Y. They of course played it for us in the dark creepy house and whether or not it was real, I do not know but it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. So, I'm going to go with, yes, it was real.

After the Sorrel Weed house we got back on the trolley, heard some more ghost stories and then headed back to our stop. We quietly got off our trolley and headed back for the car.

Once safely back in our hotel room, I got out my camera and took a closer look at my cemetery pictures. Yep, you guessed it. Orbs. I have orbs in my pictures. Now I thought surely there were water spots on my camera lens and I just didn't notice them earlier. But no, I went back through all of my pictures, even the other night time ones and guess what. No orbs.

Same pictures as above, just lightened with a few arrows that I drew:




So if you want to believe that the orbs showing up in only my cemetery pictures and nothing else is a coincidence and nothing more, so be it. As for me, I will be hiding under my covers at night. Just to be safe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chong that is SO COOL! I so want to go on a ghost tour!

Anonymous said...

I walked in that cemetary! The whole city of Savannah is crawling with mystery. Many of the homes and squares where built on old cemetaries. Who knew? Mercer House (in my opinion) is the most impressive from the outside. Bonaventure Cemetary is really scary! With all the old,old headstones and dripping moss off of ancient trees. Very fun trip!
Chong's Mom

Tiffany said...

I mean, children were being killed even after he was dead. As in, his ghost was killing the children, supposedly.