Monday, December 19, 2005

Random thoughts for Monday December 20th, 2005

So I should probably post something about Christmas since it's in like 6 days or whatever but due to Christmas overload, I'm going to post about random things that I've been thinking about today.

First of all, I must say that I have 2 songs stuck in my head today and neither is pleasant or something that I can sing out loud to relieve my frustration. The first is from an SNL skit from this past weekend. "The Chronic (WHAT?) cles of Narnia". It was a funny skit but unfortunately not something I need playing through my head all day. You may watch it and feel my pain here . The second is a song that is played by my son's new firetruck (thank you Aunt Lori and Uncle Russ) very loudly every time my son pushes the button, "Hurry, hurry drive the firetruck, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding". Soon, this thing will be silenced or destroyed.

I have a 30 minute drive to work each morning and often times on that drive I ponder some very deep and important issues. This morning my topic was "commercials". I've decided on my top 4 favorites from 2 different companies that are currently running and will share them with you now in no particular order.

1. The Pillsbury Doughboy cookie commercials. There are 2 different ones that make me laugh out loud equally as much. ( Sidenote: As further proof that I am successful in my quest to make my son a tiny version of myself, he laughs at these as well. Although I do not know why. Does he grasp the concept of heartcrushing cuteness? I guess so.) The first one is for the Pillsbury cookie with the Hershey's kisses in them, which you may watch here, with the added bonus of bloopers. Mr. Doughboy, oh so lovingly blows kisses to me throughout this commercial and I blow them back...and then laugh my ass off. The other commercial is for, well, cookies I assume. It's more of a sexy commercial where Barry White sings sexily in the background and Mr. Doughboy dances seductively. Oh, Mr. Doughboy, you are a little tart.

2. Nextel- they also have 2 out right now that are just hysterical. The first one is the one where there are 3 guys in an office dancing seductively to Salt N Pepa's "Push It". I guess dancing seductively makes me laugh. Anyway, if you haven't seen this commercial there is no description to explain it, you just have to watch it. The other Nextel commercial is where 2 guys working in a nuclear power plant control room are discussing BLT sandwiches. One of them thinks bread should be a part of the initials, the other disagrees. Meanwhile the power plant is going through some kind of meltdown but the discussion continues. It's so damn funny.

So there you have it. I should be stressing out about the handful of Christmas presents that I have yet to buy but really, I'd rather be daydreaming about cookies and BLTs.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Nooo, I have not seen that one.

Muffy said...

I love those Nextel commericals too. Oh and ditto the Geico commerical. Funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

I *heart* the Nextel commercial where they are dancing, haven't seen the other one though.

Have you seen the Dodge truck commercial where there are three guys in the restroom? Two guys are standing at urinals; pointing at a poster and saying 'Oh it's brand new' and 'The shaft is 7 inches'. Well the 3rd guy is in the stall and has no clue they are talking about a truck! It is hysterical.