Friday, January 06, 2006

Baby furniture and baby penguins, that's all I want.


Really, what is cuter than miniature furniture for children? Not much, in my opinion. Well, maybe baby penguins. But that's it. So for Christmas, Chuck and I were going to buy a toy box for Chase. Which we did. But while at Babies R Us, something else also caught our eye. As we were walking down the aisle, we both spotted it at the same time and cracked up. It was a toddler armchair version of the furniture we currently have in our living room. Needless to say, we bought it. It was more of a gift to ourselves than our son, really since he's only 1 and never. sits. still. ever. So Christmas morning, Chase had 3 big things under the tree; his chair, his toy box, and his trike. Now before you go and say, "Didn't you get him that trike for his birthday in October?". Yes, we did. But we PUT IT TOGETHER for Christmas. That's how things work in our home. You get something big for one holiday and for the next holiday, it gets assembled for you. Asking us to do both for one holiday is really just being greedy. I was completely prepared for the chair to be ignored but lo and behold, he loves it! He'll plop down in it and watch his favorite show, Jack's Big Music Show. It's so nice to actually see him sit still for 20 minutes, in a row. All I wanted out of that chair was a funny (but coordinating) piece of furniture for our living room but it's given me so much more. It's given me time to use the restroom. And really, what more could I ask for? Oh yeah, maybe a baby penguin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! How long will Spike be able to use it?

Tiffany said...

Ya know, I'm not sure. As long as he can fit in it, I suppose. Although it is short, an adult CAN sit in it. Not that we've tried or anything...