Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Wiki-Wiki-Wikipedia

There is a website on the internet that I have found so interesting over the past couple years or so that I feel like posting about it today. It is Wikipedia. It's an online encyclopedia of sorts. It covers just about any topic you can think of from Astrophysics to Zoobilee Zoo. If anyone is ever discussing something that I feel I should know what they are talking about, I do a quick little search on Wikipedia and then have a basic idea to at least hold a light conversation on the topic. It's saved me from embarrassment and social shunning many a times. Just keep in mind that it publicly modifiable. Meaning, if I don't think very highly of Brad Pitt, I can easily go into his article and add that he used to be a monkey cage cleaner at the Central Park Zoo. So what I'm saying is, you probably shouldn't use it as a source for your next homework assignment. However, using it as a source for your blog is perfectly acceptable.

No comments: