Tuesday, January 17, 2006

That's no itsy bitsy spider.

So last night I was sound asleep in my comfy bed all snuggled in. I had been in bed for about an hour or so when I happened to open my eye and see a spider the size of a fist descending down towards my head. Presumably to eat me in my sleep. I mean the thing was HUGE! I could see the fur and the beady eyes coming at me. So I screamed, jumped to the other side of the bed onto my sleeping husband, and then it dawned on me to turn on the light. So I did. Not a spider in sight. Now I have my husband worried and we both begin the search. Well really I'm searching and he's kind of looking at me knowing that I'm crazy but there's a slight chance that there actually was a spider so he'd better be nice or it will eat him too. So I'm searching for this fist sized spider that's surely going to eat my family as we sleep. I'm looking under the bed, behind the bed, under the covers...and then...hmmmm. I begin to think, "Yeah, I'm blind as a bat without my contacts or glasses which I was surely not wearing either as I was sleeping. So I uh, most certainly could not have seen that fist sized spider as clearly as I remember seeing it. And you know, I'm really not so sure that fist sized spiders have green glowing eyes and I'm pretty sure they don't drool...yeah...umm...I should probably stop searching now. Note to self, no more singing Itsy Bitsy Spider before bed."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would so have slept on the couch the rest of the night, just to be safe! How scary!!