Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Drama, Trash cans, and Pure Romance

Whoooo-doggy we've had some drama around these parts! After two weeks of closed door meetings, staff members wanting to know what the hell is going on, my paranoia that my job is in jeopardy because really, if someone is having a closed door meeting, it must have something to do me and something awful that I've been caught doing; we finally know what's going on. My office manager (direct supervisor) is quitting. Yes, she is married to one of our doctors and yes, she is going to work for a different non-competing totally out of our field doctor's office and yes, she's been here for like 100 years. So, this is a big deal folks. Big deal! They promoted our nursing supervisor, whom I adore, and she will be starting next week. So on top of all that, more importantly, I've rearranged my office which is wonderful but I can't find anything and my flow is totally off. I've thrown medical charts in the trash can 5 times...since Friday. It's Tuesday. So if you are a patient here and we cannot locate your file, please ask our receptionist to check my trash can.

Also, I had a very exciting weekend. My friend Julie sells sex and we had a party at my house so she could sell it to my friends. Ok, she doesn't really sell sex but the accessories that go along with it. She works for Pure Romance as a side gig from her full time job. You don't even want to know what she does full time**!! Woo-Woo! But really my Saturday evening was full of products that stimulate and smell (and taste) yummy. Not to mention, my sister Mandy brought over her chocolate fountain which was oh so wonderful. Seriously, I'm thinking of hooking a permanent one up in my kitchen so it can run constantly. So Saturday, needless to say, everyone went home happy.

So, things have been exciting on many different levels. Now excuse me while I go double check my trash can. My coworkers are desperately searching for a chart and I have an idea of where it might be.

**Julie works for a doctor's office like I do. Get your mind out of the gutter.

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm glad that the drama doesn't impact you negatively. I'm sure that's a relief.

And I should say that this entry made me crack up. You are a funny lady when it comes to writing!